Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wild and Crazy Evening

Well, we started potty training when the Twizzles turned 2.  It has been an big roller coaster with them considering they are so individual.  One could sit on the potty for almost a whole hour without letting out anything, while the other one "let's it all out".

We made headway by accident this week.  The boys sat on the potties for about 30 minutes or so.  Since they didn't "produce" anything, I decided to let them take a bath.  I didn't want to put a diaper on them to take them upstairs, so I decided to put them on underwear.  Between the den and the tub upstairs, both had accidents in their underwear.  They started screaming and crying as if they were hurting.  It scared me at first because I couldn't tell if they were really hurting or not.

I talked to a few other mommies about this, and they all say the same thing.  If we had known that the fact that our blessings being dirty would trigger the need to "potty" on a toilet, then I would have let them "roam free" a long time ago.  I am okay with mopping for a few weeks if that would get me a raise by not buying diapers, I AM ALL FOR IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment