Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bumps, bruises, and booboos

I am really not used to having boys yet, and especially not having twin boys.  "They are a handful" is an extreme understatement.  What surprises me is the number of bumps, bruises, and booboos that two boys can get.  We have had chipped teeth, busted lips (cut all the way through just last night), knots on their heads, and so much more; and they are only 27 months old.  You would swear that we were inflicting pain intentionally on our children, and this is so not true.  I was impelled to write this because my husband said a weird statement to me after we finally got the bleeding to stop last night.  "They are going to get uglier."  That has been playing over and over in my mind for the past 12 hours.  I can't stop thinking about how I want their cherub faces to stay exactly like they are now.  Oh well, Boys will be Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment